Have you heard of “inflammaging”?
This is a new little buzz word around the industry. I’ll explain. But first…
I have a little assignment for you today…
Go into your kitchen and look inside your pantry … and then open up your fridge and take a look in there, too.
What’s inside can make a BIG difference in how you age.
A lot of times people talk about what you SHOULDN’T eat – like sugar, processed foods, etc. – because they are linked with a higher risk of disease.
BUT there are actually foods that help FIGHT a major factor in aging. Plus, they can reduce aches and pains.
There’s a process in your body that plays such a huge role in aging that it’s actually been called “inflammaging” – inflammation + aging.
– Research shows a key sign of aging is having more inflammatory markers in your bloodstream.
– Inflammation is your body’s immune response to toxins as it tries to remove them from your system.
– It can cause aches and pains – and over the long term it can actually trigger chronic diseases like diabetes, heart disease & strokes, mood disturbances, and it’s even linked with Alzheimer’s!
– Low-grade inflammation is highly influenced by your gut microbiome … and by what you eat!
Science shows that changing your diet to include more anti-inflammatory foods can help slow, stop, or maybe even REVERSE low-grade inflammation.
Here’s your anti-inflammatory food checklist:
– Veggies – a colorful array that includes tomatoes & leafy greens
– Fruits – strawberries, blueberries, oranges, etc.
– Nuts – tree nuts (walnuts, almonds, etc.) are a good source of healthy fats
– Fish – especially fatty fish (like salmon) that contain omega-3 fatty acids
– Whole grains – contain important vitamins and fiber
If you don’t have many of those foods in your kitchen, think about adding them to your grocery list.
Then … experiment with some fun recipes: here are some great ones from us, free. https://join360fitness.com/hi-protein-recipes
Together, these foods provide antioxidants, fiber, omega-3 fatty acids, prebiotics, and polyphenols to help your body function optimally.
As you can see, it’s not only what you don’t eat that matters for your health – it’s also what you DO eat!
Knowledge is power in this game we call life, we got this!
Committed to your Success,
Jack at 360 Fitness