👵👴5 NATURAL WAYS OF ANTI-AGING 👴👵
Hey 40+ fitness family – this is super important 🙂
Wisdom certainly comes with age, so do a lot of other things that might not be on your wanted list – like decreased bone density, slowed metabolism and unfortunately for some you can be susceptible to frailty/weakness, sleeplessness, and it may seem that body fat sticks around a lot easier – just to name a few.
But it DOESN’T have to be that way…you have the power to stay healthy, fit and vibrant but you’ll need to get started NOW.
I’m not here to talk to you about decreasing wrinkles, but I’m here to share our top 5 tips for keeping your body as young as possible for as long as possible.
1. Eat an anti-inflammatory diet – focus on consuming mostly lean proteins, vegetables, healthy fats, some fruit and whole grains. Avoid sugars, chemical additives, and processed foods.
2. Strength train – maintaining your strength and muscle mass as you age will keep you both looking younger and living better/longer. You’ll also keep your metabolism and bone density higher. This is soooo underrated and that’s why we suggest strength training to everyone, not just our personal training clients at 360 Fitness Personal Training in Sherwood Park.
3. Sleep more – your body repairs and recovers in essential ways during sleep. If you’re sleep deprived, you’ll age faster, among a variety of other consequences.
4. Have self-care practices and goals – humans need something to work toward and to take care of themselves. We need things to keep us engaged, motivated, growing, and creating impact.
5. Stretch more – keeping yourself limber can help in a variety of ways from being better able to enjoy daily activities to avoiding serious injury in the case of something like a fall.
I’m curious…do you have anything special you do to keep yourself young? We would love to hear your good routines!
If you know your health and fitness are areas you’ve got to tackle sooner than later. Check out our upcoming 21 Day Challenge that starts Jan 10:)
Personal training, nutrition, coaching and results!